Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why am I doing this?


I have to admit I never thought I would create my own blog. This past weekend, while spectating Ironman Wisconsin, it dawned on me that I have a lot of information to share when it comes to the sport of triathlon. I don't consider myself an expert by any means, but having raced since 1998 and running my own coaching business I feel I have a lot to share. My aspiration is that through this site I may be able to enhance someones love of the sport.

When I completed my first Ironman in 1992 I tore the following quote out of a book. The book sits above my computer and the dates of every Ironman my wife and I have completed (10) are written in marker on the side. Belief in your abilities is everything in this world. Never let anyone tell you otherwise.


BELIEF is the knowledge that we can do something. It's the inner feeling that what we undertake, we can accomplish. For the most part, all of us have the ability to look at something and know whether or not we can do it. So, in BELIEF there is power: our opportunities become plain; our visions become realities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here because of a link in Duane's blog. I'm a new "tri-ing for weightloss" person and I look forward to reaping what you sow.

dixie said...

After checking Duane's blog I thought I would check out what you had to say. I'll go back tomorrow and re-read. Spending all day at a hospital waiting to hear if it's stents or another by-pass for my mom has me bonked. I look at my mom and see me....I don't want to go down that road.

rebecca hallin said...

Great job Pete! I was there to see you come across the line. I am that friend of Duane that said hi to you there at the Tri. I also was at that workshop you put on with those other coaches at highlands ranch rec center. You inspire us little people that are new to the sport. I will join the CWW tri group come 2008. beenworking hard on my running and it is coming along. Keep up the great work.