Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Whew!!!!!!!


Patience is something I'm not very good at. So when my back flared again I decided that the best thing to do was to give up training for last week and see how things went. I didn't do anything until Friday then swam about 2500 yards. After the warm up I decided to do 1 x 100 and see what my time was. I swam a 1:28 so decided the main set would be how many 100's I could do on a 1:40 interval but didn't drop below 1:30. I did ten and called it a night.

Saturday I road the trainer for 45 minutes and Sunday ran 4 miles. I felt pretty shelled after the run but it was encouraging. So I followed this up with a 3000 yard swim Monday and then Kathy and I did hill repeats for our main set Monday night. My swimming and biking have taken a small hit but I didn't lose much. My running is behind but then again it always is. It appears I may be back in the saddle. We will see how the rest of the week goes.

The new ride is sweet and I climbed a lot better than I have in some time. Kathy always rides well and I'm sure could kick my ass if we raced against each other. She struggled a bit yesterday but she swam a harder master session in the morning and ran 9.5 yesterday. I'm expecting her to have a good season.

Big week for our clients as we have one heading to California and another to Galveston. As we get closer to the race season we get busier. This week as seemed odd as we have spent a lot of time consulting customers on bike choices. Personally I think it is a little late to start the process of buying a new bike. It takes time to settle in on a new ride and it isn't good to make bike selection decisions when you feel pressured.

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. One of my favorite sayings is. "I can't go back, I can't stay here so I must move forward"

Peace

3 comments:

Duane said...

Hey Pete! So, what are you and kathys races this year?

Mile High Multisport said...

Duane:

I posted our race schedule preiviously. Right now I'm not sure I will race this year. We pulled out of the Cherry Creek TT series due to a unfavorable start time (way to late of a start with kids). Kathy plans to compete the duathlon series, 5430 sprint, loveland, spirit of racine and then decide from there. I'm day to day on what I will or won't do.

Podium quest said...

Glad to see your still blazing fast in the pool.