Sunday, February 10, 2008

2008 Races

My 2008 race schedule is almost complete.

Karen Hornbostel Cherry Creek Time Trial (7 races 10 mile Time Trail: I've never done this series before. Given my goals for the season this 7 race series will force me to push the envelope a bit earlier in the season then I would like to. Last year I used the duathlon series to have race day like efforts and it was benefecial come my key races. My thoughts are these races will have the same benefit. A bit nervous to go race against the pure cyclists but when I returned to racing last season it was a goal of mine to put knew events on the calendar each season.

Mile High Duathlon Series: Three duathlons for under $120. Well run, great give aways and food. If there was ever a deal in the sport this is it. Great competition and duathlons are wonderful preparation for the full dres rehersal. I used these races last year to gauge my pacing and mental preparation.

5430 Sprint: Only goal is to use this race as a level of fitness in comparison to last years race. If I hadn't received a 2 minute dismount line (what dismount line) penalty last year I would have fineshed top 10 in my age group in my first race back from a 2.5 year lay off.

Loveland Lake to Lake: I raced the Aquabike division last year. This year I'll use this race a as a stepping stone to my key race of the year which is the half in July. Possiblity I may not be able to do this race as my son is in a golf tournmanent in Steamboat this weekend. I'm working on trying to figure out a way for both to happen.

Spirit of Racing Half Ironman: Twenty years ago on the same beach I started my career with a sprint race. What would be more fitting than to compete a half ironman twenty years later?

After Racine I have a few thoughts in mind but will gauge how I feel in July and go from there.

No comments: