Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Someone Explain Too Me Why I Do This Again?





Last weekend I took my boy (Nick, age 14 pictured above) to the Golf Expo. I have to admit that it was purely a father/son bonding move as I'm not really passionate about golfing. I golf and can put together a decent game from time to time. I can also suck it up pretty good and have no clue how or why I hold the club the way I do, open face, closed face, laying up....... All a different language to me. As my son will tell you, I went to the school of GRIP IT AND RIP IT...

While walking around the expo I made a few observations.
1. There were just as many Chiropractor booths as golf vendor booths
2. The guy who had a fitness booth with signs about improving your core never had anyone there when I walked by.
3. The Chiro booths were well visited
4. A lot of the golf booths gave away beer. There were a lot of guys walking around with Beer.
5. The Hooter girls were there as were many pretty models. Funny, I don't ever recall seeing the hooter girls or models on a golf course.

So I came to the conclusion that golf is a sport which gives you a bad back, you get to drink beer and see beautiful women. No different than triathlons I guess.......

3 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Golf is simply another method of self mutilation utilizing instruments of torture.

Not a fan.

Respect for those who are accomplished...much respect.

Duane said...

Tri is still better! You get to watch all those fine tri butts on the cuties run by!

Jon and Molly said...

If it wasn't for that ONE good drive, or that ONE great fairway 150 yard greening it, or that ONE 30 foot putt that falls in. If it wasn't for those there'd be no reason to golf; however, each of those keeps bringing people back. The game is torturous, but with a few good strikes of the ball, some beer, and (apparently) pretty girls, it's always worth heading out on a beautiful day. Have fun in AZ.